Frequently Asked Questions

What is the secret to all wedding planning?

Choose a picture perfect setting. Select a professional wedding officiant who takes great pride in conducting perfect ceremonies. With these two items every thing else will fall into place.

Who is All Seasons Wedding Ceremonies?

All Seasons Wedding Ceremonies is a wedding ceremony and event planning company. We enlist the help of a team of licensed male and female wedding officiants. Each officiant carries their license to marry couples with them. We conduct your wedding ceremony the way you wanted it conducted. Every ceremony is personalized.

What is your refund policy?

Weddings that need to be cancelled within 30 days of booking will be refunded minus $100 +HST administration fee. Those weddings that are cancelled more than 30 days after booking will not be refunded.

How do we book one of your officiants to conduct our wedding ceremony?

Contact our office. We will send you a sample ceremony and other resources, as well as a quote. We will pencil you in till you talk it over. You reserve by sending a deposit for roughly half the fee.

How long does the ceremony take?

We tell couples to budget thirty minutes. The entrance, the ceremony, signing, recessional etc. For us the key is the start time as our officiants usually are heading off to another wedding.

Can my best friend conduct my ceremony?

Yes under certain conditions. We believe we are the only wedding ceremony service that allows a friend or relative to conduct your wedding ceremony. We do this by having one of our licenced officiants on site then later they register your wedding with the Government. The process begins when you contact us. Our regular fee applies.

Can we talk with an officiant before we reserve?

Certainly. Feel free to ask about any officiant on the web page.

Do you have an emergency back up officiant on my wedding day?

Yes. There is a emergency phone number posted on our answering machine after office hours to access an officiant. We are the only wedding ceremony service to provide this important service.

Do we have to memorize our vows?

No you can write your own vows but come wedding day, we 'feed them to you one word at a time'.

Can we write our own vows and have friends read etc?

You sure can! We have other ceremony resources on our web page.

Can photos be taken?

Up to you. We encourage every one to be involved. Tell them to get doubles.

What do your officiants wear to the ceremony?

Appropriate business attire. Clergy garb if requested.

Does the officiant stay for dinner etc?

Most would like to but usually have another wedding ceremony to go to. You can ask your officiant when the time comes.

What time does the officiant arrive on our big day?

We arrive 15 minutes or so before the ceremony. In every case you should give your officiant an on site phone number.

Is a gratuity expected?

No but you may feel you would like to express your gratitude for an excellent ceremony in this way. Some couples send a thank you card with a picture. The best of all is to refer a friend. Some couples do all of the above.

Can the officiant be a woman?

Yes, we have a number of woman officiants located throughout the province, however some regions may not be able to accomodate.

Do we get to meet the officiant?

Most of our wedding packages call for a planning meeting 30 to 90 days before the ceremony. Other arrangements can be made as well. We will give you any officiant's phone number before you reserve.

Can we choose more than one officiant?

Regarding choosing multiple officiants, we can confirm only one officiant at a time. Due to high demand, we're just not able to have 2 or 3 of our more popular officiants holding the same date and time indefinitely. We suggest couples provide us with a list in order of preference.

Once availability has been confirmed, we ask that you speak with the officiant directly to see if you feel (s)he would be an appropriate choice for your special day. In the unlikely event you do not feel you are a match, we will do all we can to find someone more suitable and go to another choice of officiant at that time.

How long before the wedding should we book a wedding officiant?

Every one is different. Some months are busier than others. We suggest you should book just as soon as you have your reception venue reserved. Please call us and check our availability any time.

Will we be legally married?

Yes! Canadian law allows each province to legislate their marriage act. Gay and lesbian marriages have been legally recognized across Canada since July 2005.

Can our children take part in the ceremony?

We encourage it. Ask us for our list of ideas in how to do just that!

Is a rehearsal necessary and how much does it cost?

A tough call. Tradition, moms, and bridal books say have one. We say talk it over with your officiant. You should always walk through the ceremony with your wedding party. You may or may not need your officiant present. (Much depends on place and size of wedding). There is an additional fee for a rehearsal and the cost depends on how much time is involved for the officiant.

Can our wedding ceremony be held in Quebec?

Yes but talk to us first about issues specific to marriages in Quebec.

Where and when do I get my license?

At a local municipal office or City Hall in Ontario or downloaded from the Ontario Ministry of Business and Consumer Services web site. The license is good for 90 days. To get a license one needs to obtain an application.The application can be picked up anytime , and it explains the i.d., the legal documentation, etc. that you need to obtain the license. (There is no blood test.) In most cases you can pick up the application and license the same day. *Note: there are issues if one of you has been divorced outside Canada. We have info on this issue.

How long must I wait from the time I get the license until I can marry? Is it three days?

No. One can now get a license and be married the same day. There is no waiting period in Ontario.

How do I change my name in Ontario after the ceremony?

There are 2 issues involved in the Name Change:

The first is easy. You can just 'assume' your spouses last name. In other words to 'change' our name you do nothing. Just start using it. In short, spouses may 'take' the other spouses last name.

But second. When you run up against an organization most if not all will want to see a copy of your wedding certificate (you get one from the Government). In other words  to get a new drivers license or OHIP card, credit card, immigration, etc. you will need to use a marriage certificate for a stronger proof that you are married. Ditto Bank accounts etc. Formal information about changing your name, and applications for marriage certificates can be found at the Government of Ontario website.

You may also pick up 'The Marriage and The Change of Name Act' hand out sheet at City Hall. It outlines three options. It is important to note that 99% of people who get married need only exercise Option 2 on the form, which I have explained above.

How do we get a wedding Licence if our divorce was out side Canada?

If you were divorced outside Canada these are the foreign divorce requirements:

The Marriage Act requires that where a former marriage was dissolved or annulled in a jurisdiction other than Canada, an authorization must be obtained from the Ministry of Consumer and Business Services before a marriage license can be issued.

To obtain the authorization, the following documents must be forwarded to the Office of the Registrar General:

  • A marriage license application fully completed and signed by both parties.
  • An original or court certified copy of the decree of divorce or annulment certified by the proper court officer in the jurisdiction the divorce/annulment was granted. If the decree is in language other than English or French, a certified translation must be provided.
  • A statement of Sole Responsibility for each foreign divorce signed by both applicants.
  • A legal opinion of an Ontario lawyer, addressed to both applicants, giving reasons why the divorce or annulment should be recognized in the Province of Ontario. For specific information regarding the content of the opinion letter, contact the Office of the Registrar General. (Sample Format)

The above documents must be forwarded (we suggest registered express post) to:

P.O. BOX 4600